Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I help real estate agents get more leads through the use of…

Customer Question
I help real estate agents...
I help real estate agents get more leads through the use of online advertising. I'm a licensed real estate agent, and I make money by taking 25% referral fees on the deals my real estate clients close. I was wondering if I could get a blanket referral agreement written out that pretty much says every lead I send over to you is entitled to a referral agreement, instead of having to send over a single referral agreement with every lead I send.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/15/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

An expert cannot draft an agreement for you, but you certainly can have one agreement to cover all referrals with a referring partner instead of having one agreement with every lead.

I found a template that you may be able to use to draft one for your purposes. Would you like me to provide you the link? You may have seen it but just in case you haven't I can provide it. Just let me know. And also, you can ask follow-up questions.

Sure, if you will send me the link.How can I get an agreement drafted, or who do I go to so that I can get if drafted?

You would have to hire a private attorney to draft one for you. Or you can use the template in an attempt to draft one.

Here are two the links to two templates:

https://www.nar.realtor/sites/default/files/applications-and-forms/2012/irm-referral-form-f-2012.pdf

http://www.vicksburgrealestate.com/Referral%20Agreement.pdf

What you would do is either use the template you like best and personalize it to your situation or combine what you like from each and create a new one.

Feel free to ask any followup questions you may have.

Yeah neither of those forms would work, I’m looking for one to cover every lead. I’ll see if I can get one written up somewhere else.
I had a guy write a contract up for me
On here before for extra. You can’t do that anymore?

Since there is no attorney-client relationship, writing up contracts is not supposed to be done. I cannot account for the other person. Possibly another expert can do it. Would you like me to opt out to see if another person will write up a contract for you?

If you will, thanks for the help.