Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in April Village, went to a board meeting an was

Customer Question
I live in April...

I live in April Village, went to a board meeting an was emotional setup by the president for his wife to yell, who was not part of this meeting. I never met her or spoke to her. Not one male board member called a halt to the meeting. I was told I needed to be respectful of the board. The two new mailing of this meeting show fraud reading. I was immediately shown to the door. I want to know what is my right in dealing with the board. The result of the returns of PTS and medicine.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Houston, Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I have not filed anything, I was told by the board I had no rights.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The lady gets on nextdoor neighborhood brair forest and makes rumors.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. I am so sorry that you went through this experience. I am not a fan of homeowner's associations as they are abusive and bullying. They forget that the job of the board is to protect the interests of the owner's and the integrity of the subdivision.

If you were threatened by this woman you want to file a complaint with the police and perhaps take this a step further and obtain an order of protection.

As far as the fraud you stated "The two new mailing of this meeting show fraud reading." Can you explain what was fraudulent?

The meeting notes were not accurate. They showed me asking questions I did not ask, people who were not there, and declared one meeting invalid because not enough people present, yet they were there. According to the bylaws they broke the laws of our community. Only signed in homeowners can speak at a meeting, this woman did not attend the meeting. She lived there.
I regret I am a harvey victim and cannot afford the money. We were rejected by our insurance company.

"I regret I am a harvey victim and cannot afford the money. We were rejected by our insurance company."

What money are you referring to?

Are you online with me? Let me provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in your area. One moment please.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney