Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need your help it is a bank and the association some is…

Customer Question
I need your help...

I need your help it is a bank and the association some is changing the my pro changing the auto pay and my address even the address for my property taxes is been changed ..please help marilyn scates (###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I went to the bank for it but no help went to the post office no help the police say get a atterny

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer
Can you provide more information? Has your property tax bill been changed?
hi Lori.
in 2012 my son and i purchase a condo in century village in Pembroke pines fl.for health reasons.but in 2016 the building association changed to American management group.and we had a new building administrator JALAL SAHLE..in January 2016 the auto pay was changed with out my consent and told Mr. SAHLE it is against the law he said i need the money.. i desputed it with my bank and put it back at original amount..in January 2017 the association changed back to progressive management. i was not getting notification from this management and from my property taxes,apparently some one changed my address and stopped payments on the auto pay...i made an appointment with the acct.manager and paid what i owed...in November of this year again my property taxes the address is been changed
i contacted to the property appraiser they send me to the post office,post master said no changes in here it mast be internal since it is done in two places only,went to bb&t bank like she new what i was going to ask her response.. i have to get a court order this bank just don't want to loose the acct
this is so stressful,we lost the home stead..it's all about the money now progressive mamagment wants more money after i paid them.. this tactics are done to people that cant fight back either pay ,move or die..i don't think you will be able to help me
sincerely.....Marilyn

Yes, it does sound internal. Not a US Mail/post office or bank issue.

Property appraiser's office does not handle taxes. Have you checked your address on the Broward County tax collector website? https://broward.county-taxes.com/public

I recommend you check your address with the tax collector. If incorrect, please request that the tax collector change your address.

I also recommend a letter to the Association and property management advising them of your correct address and make demand that they not change your address or other account information without written authorization from you.

Hope that helps. A positive rating would be appreciated.