Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Wat if I can't find a place and don't have the money to move…

Customer Question
Wat if I can't...

Wat if I can't find a place and don't have the money to move my things out

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Rochester NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes got 3 day notice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Is the 3-days notice demanding rent payment? Or is it a notice from the Sheriff that the Sheriff is coming to evict you?

The sheriff coming to evict
Hello are u still there

Sorry to hear that. If you are evicted and cannot remove your property, you could have up to 30 days to remove it. However, it would be a good idea to let the landlord know that you are not abandoning the property but need more time to remove it. If you have no place to live, you can attempt to call the Sheriff that you need more time because you have no place to live; or make a motion in court> File an order to show cause with the Housing Court Clerk to get a restraining order and get a court date. Also, possibly you can get an emergency grant. In order to apply for an emergency grant, known as a one-shot deal, you must go to an HRA Public Assistance office (or Job Center) Or You can call 311 to find your local officeSay you need a "one shot deal."

Please let me know if you have further questions or need clarification. I am happy to continue to assist you.

Wat if it a auto shop and I can't move the customers cars

I did not know this was a commercial lease. Thank you for the additional information. Hold, please.

Sorry not to mention

If you leave the property behind, generally, you still would have time to get the property. The landlord should have to give you notice to remove the property (like 30 days to remove it); otherwise, it may be deemed it abandoned. It could be a good idea for you to put in writing that you are not abandoning the cars and need more time to remove them. Also, it would be a good idea to tell the landlord those are customer cars because it would be very unlikely, the landlord would attempt to dispose of them The landlord could charge you storage fees.

We can continue to discuss this. Do you have further questions?

Are you still there

Yes.

Hello again:

Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

Hello again:

Do you have any further questions? I am happy to continue answering your questions. Just let me know.

If you have no further questions, please provide a rating between 3 and 5 stars at no additional charge to you so I can get paid for the services I provided to you. Thank you.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney