Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is this for Colorado. Case Description I entered a

Customer Question
Is this for Colorado ...

Is this for Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Case Description
I entered a modification in 2008. After paying 24,000 in payments the bank tried to wrongfully forclose and could not show were the payments went. All payment were sent by western union. To make a long story short we have won in court 3 times and still live in our home. Our lawyer we retained 2 years ago seems to be to busy. We went to a 8 hour mediation, I had to do all the talking and get my files out of my truck. We filled our 10th modification and the bank had decided not to answer anymore. The attorney set a trial but doesn’t want to continue. I will take advice for this or someone that knows what to do. The mediation Judge said that if it was filled correctly he was ready to award a 7 figures and my lawyer should of been working pro bono. I’m not sure what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Colorado this is about my house

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just need help with my rights the trial is set for April 9 2018.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
I have taught so long for this lawyer to decide he is to busy. Should I contact the courts or judge?
12/14/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

I think you need to consider two actions. First, I believe if your attorney is not properly representing you and is not communicating with you properly any longer, you need to terminate his services for being in violation of the rules of professional conduct and also for negligent representation. You need to hire a new attorney first and then terminate this guys services.

Second, if you lose your case because of this attorney's negligent representation, you need to file a malpractice suit against the attorney, especially given the judge's comment that the attorney should have been working pro bono based on the case not being filed correctly.

So I would get out and find a new attorney to take my case if it were me and then fire this attorney and consider pursuing him for malpractice if I lose the case.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

If I can’t find a lawyer in a timely manner considering the dates that have to be filled for court. Should I contact the courts so they know what’s going on?

Thank you for your reply.

If you are coming up on a court date, you need to submit a motion for continuance and ask the court to give you an extension of time for you to obtain new counsel.