Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I understand that I can file a form to delay a writ of

Customer Question
I understand that I...

I understand that I can file a form to delay a writ of possession

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

New Brunswick nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I received vacate order today

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. In your case, the only way that you can delay a writ that has already been issued is if you file for bankruptcy. The bankruptcy petition will create an automatic stay which prohibits collection attempts against you at least for a few months while your bankruptcy is proceeding.

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.

Tina, Lawyer