Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

As a cleaning contractor with a contract that expires Dec31…

Customer Question
As a cleaning contractor...

As a cleaning contractor with a contract that expires Dec31 2017.if my contract states that it will continue into 2018 if i am not given 30 days written notice can i take to lanour board if i am not given tje contract for 2018?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Im in canada..British Columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was not given 30 days notice n the cleaning contract was posted

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lori, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Lori
Lori, Lawyer
Generally a renewal provision is enforceable if no written notice canceling the contract has been received. I recommend a confirming letter stating that the letter is confirmation of the automatic renewal of the contract for 2018.
Hope that helps. A 5-star rating would be appreciated.