Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

PURCHASED A PROPERTY IN OCEAN RESORTS AND HIRED A BUILDER…

Customer Question
PURCHASED A PROPERTY IN...

PURCHASED A PROPERTY IN OCEAN RESORTS AND HIRED A BUILDER BUT AFTER PLANS WERE MADE AND APPROVED AND PAID FOR 6 MONTHS EARLIER, THE COUNTY STATES THAT MY BUILDER AND CAM SIGNED OFF ON THE INCORRECT LINES OF PROPERTY AND 8 FEET IS NEEDED BETWEEN HOMES, WHICH NOT ONE OF THE PEOPLE INVOLVED INCLUDING THE SURVEYOR WHO MADE THE PLOT PLAN, KNEW THESE COUNTY RULES. NOW I HAVE BEEN PAYING RENT ON A HOME AND NO HOME PLAN INSIGHT BECAUSE OF THESE ERRORS AND MY HUSBAND AND I ARE PHYSICALLY SICK TO FIND OUT FROM THE COUNTY WE NEED A DIFFERENT HOME WHICH PALM HARBOR SAYS THEY CANNOT GIVE ME. PLEASE ADVISE WHAT RIGHTS WE HAVE AS WE ARE AT OUR WITS END WITH OUR LANDLORD NOW WANTING TO RENT THE HOME WE HAVE LIVED IN SINCE MAY AND WE HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS WITH OUR MONEY TIED UP WITH PALM HARBOR FOR 5 MONTHS AND THEY DO NOT CALL US OR RESPOND TIMELY . THANK YOU *****: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

FLORIDA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

ALL PAPERWORK HAS BEEN FILED AND SUBMITTED TO BUILDING DEPT WHERE ALL ERRORS WERE' THEN CAUGHT AND EXPLAINED TO US

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

THAT NONE OF THIS IS ANY FAULT OF OUR OWN AND WE ARE LEFT WITH NO OPTIONS AT THIS POINT. OTHER NEW HOMES HAVE BEEN BUILT BY THIS BUILDER WITH NO ISSUES BUT I AM REPORTING THE ADDRESSES FOR VERIFICATION OF THIS AS I DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE IN CONFORMITY AS WELL

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

at this point are you looking for them to perform or return the funds paid?

AS WELL AS MY EXPENSES INCURRED DUE TO THE ERROR FROM THE SURVEYOR TO THE BUILDER AND THE COMMUNITY ASSOC

You have a right to be made whole and recover all of your losses. do you have an estimate of amount and I can suggest some options for preparing and pursuing if you wish

Is the reply acceptable?