Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I just leased a car about 15 hours ago and HATE IT CAN I…

Customer Question
I just leased a...

I just leased a car about 15 hours ago and HATE IT CAN I RESEND THE LEASE

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Im sorry it is a car lease not property . in Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

It was signed at the dealer??

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/13/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma.

There is unfortunately no automatic right to cancel a contract once it's signed. Read through the terms of the lease to see if there is any sort of cancellation period and how long you have. This is not common, though. Most contracts for vehicles explicitly state that there is no cooling off period.

With that said, auto dealers tend to rely on repeat sales and word-of-mouth referrals. It's possible that if you go back and explain how unhappy you are with the car, they'll work with you to put you in something else. They're not likely to allow you to cancel the lease outright and take your business elsewhere (unless the contract says they have to).

I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

Good luck.

Do you have any questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer