Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can joint real-estate property purchased in Tennessee,

Customer Question
Can joint real-estate...

Can joint real-estate property purchased in Tennessee, financed in NC At Wells-Fargo Bank allow several loans to be taken out on the property with out the other joint owner knowing, and/or signing for loan?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

What kind of paper work?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is not a nice situation! I leave in NC and he lives in TN, we were not married, going to be, but did not have. Bought property to use as his business location. Have tried to settle he would not, he wanted me to buy it, then I told him I was not making anymore payments, he continued to pay half, then it did not go into foreclosure, it was bought my his wife LL Org, then I was turned over to a collection agency for 135,00 to Wells Fargo Bank, does not show up on my credit score!!!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok thank you!

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

TN and I have the deed for property, it that the paperwork you are referring to?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/12/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

This is always amazing to me, however, it is perfectly legal for the lender to permit this. Let me provide the law that permits this for you.

Were these home equity lines of credit?

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-owned-a-home-with-my-girlfriend-as-joint-tenants-681962.html

What type of loans are these?

I know that was not the answer you were hoping to receive and apologize for being the bearer of bad news. I hope you will not shoot the messenger.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Are you online with me? You are not personally liable for any loans that you did not sign. Unfortunately a lender can foreclose on real property if a loan is not paid. Where in TN is the real property located?

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney