Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was on a month to month lease, I was given a 60 day notice…

Customer Question
I was on a...

I was on a month to month lease, I was given a 60 day notice to vacate which ends this saturday but have not found a place to move due to wanted to buy and was not ready when served this notice. When given the notice it was by a Probate services supposedly owner died, to find out I don't think she did, they just did not like that I had a plumber come do some work and find a pressure issue that would involve the city and now around $5000 which they were going to fix after their vacation but instead I got served this notice... is there anything I can file in court to delay this or to counter sue for retailation?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No just the one 60 day vacate to our door

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/12/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.