Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Florence. 4056 County Road 16 35633. I bought house and

Customer Question
Customer:*****16 35633 Lawyer's Assistant:...

Customer:*****16 35633

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I bought house and found that the property line is against roof line

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to have a set back on side of house owner cut vacant lot off at roof

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
This house and lot next to roofing was owned by one family polla next owned all othe property and built two houses she sold to her half brother mark Pruitt I can’t paint house without trespassing.the riff line in dead on property line. No setback at all no side yard
12/12/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 2 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator
When was the home purchased and in which state?
16 Florence Alabama

And what year was the purchase please?

Did the property owner disclose the issue, or was a survey done by the buyer?

No servay

Thank you.

If the seller misrepresented the boundaries it is possible to sue for misrepresentation and breach of contract.

Damages would normally be the cost of the property as is, and the cost as represented. However the court will expect the buyer to exercise due diligence, so generally recovery is not permitted if they did not survey the property.

One cannot trespass on another's land so if one needs access for maintenance and the neighbor won't allow access, the homeowner can seek an injunction which would allow limited access but generally would be required to pay for that access.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator