Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Do you have a Life Estate Contract? Visalia California. I am…

Customer Question
Do you have a...

Do you have a Life Estate Contract?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Visalia California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I am a real estate broker and have a property in escrow. I have put in the contract the seller will retain a Life Estate and have explained in the contract who is responsible for the repairs of the wells and the use of what property. It a piece of farmland and their is a house and two shops the seller will retain a life estate on. The escrow office wants something written by an attorney to protect their company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. What else will the attorney need to know?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/12/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

The experts here on the site can't provide legal documents to customers as we are limited to answering questions and providing legal information..

.

However, you can go to this site and download a deed with reserved life estate for minimal cost. They are professionally drafted forms and I use the site myself when I need a form I don't have..

.

This will work...just remove any references to parent and child...

.

https://www.uslegalforms.com/ca/CA-SDEED-2.htm

.

.

thanks

Everything I purchased I don’t see anything relating to a life state contract?

I am not sure what you mean... Did you click the link and go to the forms website?

The title of the document is California Grant Deed - Parents to Child with Reservation of Life Estate.... and as I said, you just remove any parent/child references..

I am unableto download any of your files

Maybe I wasn't clear... we don't provide legal documents to customers on the site.. I directed you to a site that does provide legal documents for customers..

I am unable to open any of the downloads ou charged me for. I am not sure if you sent me what I need.
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael Bradley

I am another expert

The web site does not allow us to send you forms

the link that you were provided allows you to purchase the form you want for $24.95

it is an easy form to fill out

you would fill it out have the owner of the property sign it before a notary and then record the deed

Regardless of who you direct me to for the downloads you charge me for the information and I was unable to open any of the links. I will not p[ay $59.00 for a phone call. If I cannot get help to download any of the information you charged me for to even see if its anything would be helpful I want a refund.
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 5 months ago

you do not need to accept the phone call

here is the link again

I was able to open it and could purchase the deed you need for 24.95

this site does not provide the deed

This link takes me back to order the information again. I am not paying anymore money.
Manuel
Real Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 5 months ago

did you order the forms from US legal already?

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley