Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is it a problem if a TOD Deed was filed in los angeles

Customer Question
Is it a problem...

Is it a problem if a TOD Deed was filed in los angeles county recorder's office 62 days after date signed and notarized ? on the TOD Deed it says it must been on or before 60 days

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Encino california

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The TOD Deed was signed and notarized and then recorded and filed 62 days later in the Recorder's Office of Los Angeles County

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/11/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Under CA law, if the TOD deed is not recorded within 60 days, it becomes invalid. So if it was actually not signed and stamped by the recording clerk until after 60 days from notarization, it would be void and would have no effect.

.

.

thanks