Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

About condemnation suit in texas on my land in county,

Customer Question
About condemnation suit in...

About condemnation suit in texas on my land in ward county, should I go to the hearing?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes, special commissioners are appointed by the plaintiff

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cause i'm in different country, i've filed motion for continuance but being rejected with the reasons: it's in admisitrative phase, and commissioners are not properly served with my request

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
plaintiff has filed condemnation suit and set a hearing, i'd like to postpone the date, but failed.
like to know what would happen if i don't go, and what can I do to fight for my land cause i feel unfairly disturbed with previous negotiations and the lawsuit.
Answered in 5 days by:
12/17/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

If you do not go to court a default judgment will be entered against you.

You may wish to hire an Attorney in that county to attend the hearing on your behalf.

Would you like a link for Attorneys in that area that provide FREE consultations?

Do you know if the hearing went forward and you received a default judgment?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.