Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a lanlord cancel an eviction after it has proceeded in…

Customer Question
Can a lanlord cancel...

Can a lanlord cancel an eviction after it has proceeded in court?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Eviction was filed on 11/16/17 and i paid all fees on 11/17/17. I was told that it would be canceled but it hasn't as of yet.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Yes, it can be cancelled, even after the judgment has been entered. But if the landlord is not cancelling it, you would need to get on the landlord to do so. It's pretty simple, as something that is filed with the clerk to dismiss the case voluntarily.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Hello?

If there's nothing else, please rate this answer.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.