Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In, I have been foreclosed on and have vacated property

Customer Question
In Virginia, I have...

In Virginia, I have been foreclosed on and have vacated property except for my possesions are still in the house. We do not have the money to move it and are both disabled. The house is also extensively contaminated with mold! We have been served with unlawful detainer with court date of 12/21. Is there any way to delay these proceedings

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not by me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/11/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: KLAW, Arbitrator replied 8 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Arbitrator
What you must do is file an answer in court and then you will be given a court date to appear. At the court day you can ask the judge for some time to remove your belongings based upon your disability.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question