Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own property east and west of land that has been recently…

Customer Question
I own property east...

I own property east and west of land that has been recently been purchased. There is an old road that has been used by my family for over 100 years connecting my 2 plat of land. The new owners have no trespassing signs at the entrance of their land. we need to access our property on ATVs as it

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In Columbia county. 16-18-21

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not sure what you are asking.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We need to access this land by this road because we can only use ATVs on our back 40 acres. We could go several miles on a c

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Access is permitted where necessary. This is called an easement by necessity. It is often recognized by the parties without need to apply to the court for an order.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I need to know more. This doesn't answer what I need to know.
You have a right to access by easement. That easement is by necessity and based on extended use. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Please cancel my trial. I don't think we are communicating the real questions. Thank you.
what more can I answer for you?
no thanks
Cancel my charge on my card.
Ok.
No, thanks.
Infolawyer, Lawyer