Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Need that I have and I want to know how to approach the

Customer Question
Need that I have...

Need that I have and I want to know how to approach the Board. I live in a small HOA governed community. I love the community but there is a serious personal issue . The HOA maintains the streets and they are fine. In March I stepped on a piece of glass in my home and ended up having my leg amputated. I am in a power wheelchair. I like to get out everyday and just ride around the community. There are NO handicap curbs in the community. When I go to get my mail or just get outside my wheelchair is almost air born getting down the curbs. I can't even feel safe when I get my mail. How should I approach the HOA?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Az

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No I have not contacted the Board yet. I think they will be helpful but I want to make sure I approach the issue as serious but I do not want it to seem like a threat,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that I can think of. THX

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Is your only request in relation to the curbs? Or are there other areas of the property that also need to be modified?