Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I’m from Tampa FL and live in 3rd floor condominium, & have…

Customer Question
Hi, I’m from Tampa...

Hi, I’m from Tampa FL and live in 3rd floor condominium, & have a dispute with PM & HOA regarding a vendor invoice of $2700

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

There was a leak in my condo that caused mold to grow, HOA sent out a remediation company initially vs a leak detection company to locate the leak , they blamed that my vanity was the cause of the leak and denied my claim

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

They said due to denial i need to pay the vendor and I did not sign anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’ve been pushing back in paying anything and now I feel they are targeting me by sending me non compliance letters

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 9 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Do I have to pay the vendor invoice when 1) I did not sign anything 2) the HOA Vendor was a Mold remediation company that did not definitively find the leak 3) another vendor that I hired found the leak

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

Response: No, you do not have to pay for the invoice since the company hired by the HOA did not find the leak. So, you need to send notice to HOA objecting to the request that you pay for the invoice.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.