Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own land and there is a paper street next to it I would…

Customer Question
I own land and...

I own land and there is a paper street next to it I would like to know if I can put a road in to my lots

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Elmsford ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I am working on a subdivision and the town would like for me to do a title search on the paper street

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What are my rightsWhat are my rights
what are my rights

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under New York law, in these circumstances, you have the right to put in that road.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars by clicking on ***** and press enter.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

I am asked by the town to do a title search on the paper street what is it that they are looking for

They are requesting you hire a title company to trace ownership of the paper street and any rights that may have been granted to you or others as to the use of it.