Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If I signed a quit claim deed when I got divorced and my ex…

Customer Question
If I signed a...

If I signed a quit claim deed when I got divorced and my ex wife has not filed it because she can not get refinanced to get my name off the house and it has been 17 years. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know. I signed the quit claim deed when we divorced but as far as I know she never used it for any reason. She has never refinanced because of poor credit and so my name is ***** ***** house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just what are the options I have

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Was this court ordered at the time? Is she still paying the mortgage and has this harmed your credit at all?