Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a condo board limit the number of members to be voted…

Customer Question
Can a condo board...

Can a condo board limit the number of members to be voted on... when the condo docs say the number of directors shall be no less than five(5) or more than nine (9). Recent ballots include 8 applicants for board membership, the ballot specifies to ONLY VOTE for 5. Shouldn't all 8 just be the new board (if thats all the applied?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Against the board??

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: KLAW, Arbitrator replied 4 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Arbitrator

G​ood morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today. is it a coop or a condominium?

Tina, Lawyer