Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My property manager just threatened to evict me because i…

Customer Question
My property manager just...

My property manager just threatened to evict me because i asked for the owner of the property number where can i go for help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Baltimore Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No he sent me a text stating that he will give me until 1/2/18 to pay november and december, however when i asked him again for the number that is when he threatened to evict me and my children on Monday, do i not have the right to have this information i have been requesting for months now

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I am ready

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We moved in the property in April, the PM agreed to fix things in the house, nothing really major we our upstairs bathroom toilet has not worked in 4 months the PM will not address along with other things

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. You would not be entitled to the owner's phone number. That's why owner's have property managers - because they're willing to pay someone to be the face of the transaction and do not wish to be reachable by tenants. I'm sorry - I know that's not what you wanted to hear.