Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a seller provide an escrow account for a buyer to pay…

Can a seller provide...

Can a seller provide an escrow account for a buyer to pay for repairs after closing?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

We are in the negotiating stage of repairs

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know what they would need to know? It is a residential property, closing in January.

12/7/2017
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Yes that is possible and not uncommon.

Instead of giving the buyer a credit for repairs they will often deposit the money in an escrow account (realtor, title company, attorney) to assure the lender that there will be adequate funds to complete the repairs. Typically the money is disbursed directly to the professional doing the repairs.

Any credit is then typically returned to the seller.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator