Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm separated from my husband and there was winds from a…

Customer Question
I'm separated from my...

I'm separated from my husband and there was winds from a hurricane that came though will I was living in the house and he wasn't and I had damages I got him to call in the damage and I found a roofer that I asked him to meet up with him he had already gave a quote and it was in line the one of the checks have already been sent but the check is in his name like the policy and the mortgage and he won't do anything and I need to get the roof fixed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The insurance policy has already sent one check to the house with his name on it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The title of the house is in both names

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, add proper punctuation marks, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I wanted to know if me and my husbands name is ***** ***** deed to the house and you have damage to your house from winds from a hurricane But you are separated and his name is ***** ***** insurance policy and on the mortgage and you ask him to call and report the damage to the insurance company and he does but once the check comes to the house I tell him I would give it to him after he meets up with the roofer and signed the papers and put's the deposit down since his name is ***** ***** mortgage and the insurance policy and since the last time this happened he ran off with the check it wasn't that much so I made the repairs that's why he was surprised when we still had insurance on the roof this time the checks are going toward the repairs. What can I do? Can the insurance company cut a check to me and what would it take to just go forward?
can I have a response to my question in writing?