Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am trying to get assistance from my city through a HUD…

I am trying to...

I am trying to get assistance from my city through a HUD based program for home repairs, but they are saying I'm not elegible due to my income is over the limit. my question is they are using the HUS income level for 2017 and a lump sum distribution from 2016 and adding it to our income, it this fair?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes I filed my app back in 2014, but their for says it is not considered until you are called in for a meeting which was this year. Both my husband and I are disabled. I was ids 2010 so my husband got a lump sum cuz we had bills to pay and were low on income now. He was no longer working and was only getting SSD

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are saying we are only 800 over using the 2017 HUD but adding the lump sum from prior year if thats true. I called to asked what they used but did not get a straight answer.

12/7/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If income level of 2017 is being used, then 2016 lump sum distribution should not be added. You should appeal the decision. You should be provided with information for appeal process.

Goodluck with your claim,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
I received your answer. And I did give you a high review. I have not gotten an answer back yet on my case yet.

Thank you!

Do you have another question for me?

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law