Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have already gone through the eviction process, and spoke…

Customer Question
I have already gone...

I have already gone through the eviction process, and spoke to the property management's attorney at hearing. I was under the impression that I made an agreement to move out by a certain date, the apartment complex would not file eviction against me. I am attempting to rent a house, and they denied my request stating I have an eviction on my record. Is there anything I can do, now that I have found this out?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

A hearing was done on 04/19/2017. I agreed to the terms I just stated in from of a judge. So, yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it for now. The whole eviction was a sham but I'd like to know what I can do now that I found out I was not told what actually would happen.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
RealEstateAnswer
Do you have anything in writing evidencing this? Did you ask to see that they dismissed the case when you made this ageement?
That was my first thought. When I handed in my keys to the management, they did not give me anything in writing. The agreement that was made was I would move out May 3 by 6:00 PM. The only thing I have is the Judge's order I received at court. I'd have to look at it to see if it would mention this.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, you need to review it since if there was an agreement they should have voluntarily dismissed this. If they did not, you would need to go back to court and file a motion to vacate the judgment and argue what was shared above and how they proceeded with the eviction after you vacated when they told you otherwise.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer