Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I LIVE IN A COOP AN THE BOARD HAD A VOTE ON AN ISSUE AN THE…

Customer Question
I LIVE IN A...

I LIVE IN A COOP AN THE BOARD HAD A VOTE ON AN ISSUE AN THE RESULTS OF THE VOTE WAS NOT IN FAVOR OF WHAT THE BOARD WAS TRYING TO ACHIEVE SO THEY HELD TWO MORE DAYS TO VOTE . ON THE THIRD VOTE THEY WON IS THAT LEGAL ????

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

FREEPORT LONGISLAND

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I BELIEVE SO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

THIS IS A COOP NOT A CONDO AN I FEEL WHAT THEY DID WAS WRONG

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/7/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Yes, I agree. Since this is a coop, under New York law, the board members abused their discretion, and you could obtain a court order in Supreme Court of NY or even small claims court to reverse their decision on the grounds of abuse of discretion and not representing the coop stockholders best interests.

Please rate five stars ***** and press send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Checking in to see if you are satisfied with the answer and are ready to close out the question or if you need something else from me.

Thanks and best wishes.