Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Is it legal for an apartment complex to charge renters an…

Customer Question
Is it legal for...

Is it legal for an apartment complex to charge renters an HOA fee monthly in Clark County Neveda

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Southwest Las Vegas, NV at Mountain Gate & Mountain Trail Apartments in the Mountain Edge Community

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

When I went to renew my lease at the Mountain Gate Office I was given a paper with an HOA fee of $10.00 per month, As a resident of this complex I have No rights to serve on the board of the Mountain Edge HOA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have lived in this same apartment and complex for the past 6 1/2 years and this is the first time I was ever notified of the HOA Fee...never paid this fee before

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/6/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Is the fee stated in the lease as being the responsibility of the tenant?

.

.

thanks

HOA at $10 monthly by tenant

Ok, then if they included it in the lease, they can call it whatever they want, but it is a rent increase of $10 a month and it would be legally binding if you signed the lease accepting those terms..

.

They could have made it much less confusing if they just said it was a rent increase instead of claiming it is for HOA fees..

.

.

thanks