Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Do you need license and papers for having gold bars in your…

Customer Question
Do you need license and...
Do you need license and papers for having gold bars in your possetion
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/6/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Was this an international flight?

.

Or inside the US?

.

Was friend bringing the gold into the US from outside?

.

Are they asking for you to help them with money for some type of license or bail?

.

.

thanks

I n the us and yes they are asking for money

Ok, then this is likely a scam because there is no license or permit required to transport gold within the US borders.. If you are bringing in gold from overseas, you just have to declare it with customs, but again, no permit or license is necessary..

.

The reason that this sent up some red flags for me as a potential scam is the gold bar claim...which rarely actually happens... and they want money from you... and they are lying about any license or permit being required... and I am betting that this is a person you don't actually know or have met in person in real life as these typically come from the internet or email scams....

.

Does this sound like I am on the right track here?.... If so, it is absolutely a scam and please don't send the scammers any money or it will be gone..

.

.

thanks

No already had the gold in the us

Yes, I understand that... and no, as I said, there is no license or permit required to transport gold within the US borders...

Why do they want money from you?

.

Have you ever met the person in real life personally and shook their hand or is this someone you met over the internet?