RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

We sold a house in September of this year. Recently the new

Customer Question

We sold a house in September of this year. Recently the new owner has called and wrote to us about a leak which appeared after they moved in. He is inferring that we should have replaced the exterior siding due to problems which were not required to be fixed according to the inspection report. He has stated he is going to see an attorney. Should we be concerned? What might we be liable for? There were no known problems we failed to disclose.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington state
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The sale is complete and escrow has closed. I am not aware of any other paperwork post closing.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 9 months ago.
Why does he think you should pay for this now? He got the joke inspected and there were no issues, correct?