Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We sold a house in September of this year. Recently the new…

Customer Question
We sold a house...

We sold a house in September of this year. Recently the new owner has called and wrote to us about a leak which appeared after they moved in. He is inferring that we should have replaced the exterior siding due to problems which were not required to be fixed according to the inspection report. He has stated he is going to see an attorney. Should we be concerned? What might we be liable for? There were no known problems we failed to disclose.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The sale is complete and escrow has closed. I am not aware of any other paperwork post closing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RealEstateAnswer
Why does he think you should pay for this now? He got the joke inspected and there were no issues, correct?