Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Have a question about deed of trust. Calif. I have a

Customer Question
Have a question about...

Have a question about deed of trust

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Calif.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I have a property that I foreclosed on and there is a firsr deed of trust on it that will not work with me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How long is the trust good on the property

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/5/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

The first deed of trust remains on the proeprty here until paid off and resolved.The lender here would prevent you from having clear title.You have to decide if it is worth it to you to pay off first lender or let it go to them.It comes down to whether you have any equity , value of property minus the lien.The deed of trust lien goes with property until released by the first lender.

Please don't shoot the messenger the first lien remains until you resolve it and get a written release filed in the county deed records.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.