Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

The rest of my question is a real estate agent listed the…

Customer Question
the rest of my question...
the rest of my question is a real estate agent listed the home. The listing expired in june. The owner has requested in writing that the active status is taken out of the MLS as owner has signed with new co. which is far more aggressive. The property is still in an active status in the MLS; therefore the new co cannot put it in the MLS.Meanwhile a contract came in below-asking price and the owner countered back to asking price of 349000. The buyer has not responded to the counter yet and the real estate agent reduced the price to 330000. The owner never signed a price reduction,especially since still negotiating and listing is still expired with no signed extension
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/5/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Can you tell me what questions you have at this point with the sale, thanks.

what can be done about expired satus of the listing, Expired in June 2017 owner requested in writing for it to be taken ou as he was relisting with a new co there was not any extension signed . What options does owner have. Also agent changing the price in the middle of negotiations . Again did not even tell owner must less getting required price change signed,possibly due to fact the listing was expired does he have to sue and must he pay comission if the buyer accepts his counter

If the listing expired arguably you don't owe the commission.I would file realtor complaint here with state board of realty , he can be sanctioned.You have right s here in both of these areas.I don't see you owe first realtor a commission.

Real Estate Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Ray, Lawyer