Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If a non compliant (cargo van ) is parked for several years…

Customer Question
If a non compliant...

If a non compliant (cargo van ) is parked for several years the HOA says it is OK without being fined. Yet, other violators are being fined. The (cargo van) is the HOA presidents friend and neighbor. Is he being honest?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just this question for now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/5/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

This sounds suspicious to me. I would bring this complaint before the HOA Board, and if they fail to act, then you garner the number needed per your HOA by-laws to have a special meeting called to address this.