Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have been in my house for 26 yeas this week the company…

Customer Question
I have been in...

I have been in my house for 26 yeas this week the company that purchased my loan sent me a $3,000.00 plus check back and they have another $1,000.00 they are holding ,and demanded that I pay them $13,000.00 by December13. I had filled out all the papers that was sent to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Why can they send money back and sell my house in one week?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/5/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I assume you have a loan repayment plan. Is new lender looking to change that unilaterally?