Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How much does it cost to file a partition sue for a property…

Customer Question
how much does it cost...
how much does it cost to file a partition sue for a property in the state of Iowa. Thanks in advance for your helpMilvia Estrada
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Are you asking if we can represent you in such a suit or are you asking in general what attorneys in Iowa charge for a partition of property suit?

I'm asking in general what is the charge for partition of property suit

Thank you for your reply.

Well, for a partition suit, it depends on how much anyone is going to object and litigate. An initial retainer to an attorney for this would be about $3000-$5000 and real estate attorneys would charge anywhere from $350-$550 per hour, depending on their experience and the complexity of the case.

They would charge their hourly wage against the initial retainer until the initial retainer is used up and then you would have to pay their hourly rates for all hours they spend on the case, which is why I said that the more people fight this and litigate the issues, the more expensive it would get.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.