Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am quite concerned and in need of immediate assistance…

Customer Question
I am quite concerned and...
I am quite concerned and in need of immediate assistance from Alterra's Home Loan corporate office.
I am working with the Roswell, Georgia office, my loan officer is Ms. ***** *****. I currently have a contract on a home at*****Union, City 30291. I have been pre-qualified and received initial approval through FHA. When I came to Alterra, I gained pre-approval through Trio Financing and was satisfied to move forward with Trio. My loan officer thought they could get me qualified through FHA. I had been turned down by FHA in October of this year.
My wife and I filed Chapter 13 in 2009.It was due in large part to my wife losing her job due to her significantly deteriorating eyesight caused by Stargardt's Syndrome. While we were successfully discharged by Chapter 13 in 2014, Our home did not come out of our name until 2015, therefore not having the 3 year "cushion" FHA requires.
We made this info quite clear to Ms. Hill. But I was assured since we had been approved for Trio, we would apply for FHA and move forward with the best option available.
We are now out of contingency with our seller and could lose this home! I have found out that no updates have been made to our Trio application since we were pre-qualified. So we don't have option to use Trio. It would take another 45 days to close. The seller has been quite patient with us, but I wouldn't dare expect him to wait another 45 days. My family would lose this home we've chosen and start again. This is unacceptable.
I have signed all closing documents and wired all funds requested to the closing attorney. We still haven't received the clear to close because We are still being bombarded with requests for paperwork to prove we filed Chapter 13 because of job loss due to my wife's disability. My wife isn't even on the loan application.
We could lose this home we have worked for because of the insistence to use FHA instead of the Trio Financing I wanted to initially move forward with.
I need your immediate attention concerning this situation. This must be fixed and my family made whole. We have done all we have been asked to do. I am asking Alterra to make right a situation I didn't cause.
I will be in meetings most of the day and have limited access to speak by phone. Please email me as soon as possible concerning this matter. Please email to both addresses.
Sincerely,
Christian Harden***@******.******@******.***(###) ###-####
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

There are consumer protection agencies that can assist for no charge with your lender. I can provide those links for you to file online complaints for an immediate investigation. The other option is you can tell me where in Georgia you are located so I can provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in your area.

Which county is the real property located in?

Can you tell me the county?

Tina, Lawyer