Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I signed a sales agreement for my 100 acres not knowing it…

Customer Question
I signed a sales...

I signed a sales agreement for my 100 acres not knowing it was final...in 2013. I was not heard in court and in*****clerk was allowed to sign the grant deed as I would not because I had no intention of selling. Now they threaten to take my home, after taking $200 in equity in the land and they want me to give up all rights to pursue further legal means.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Butte county case #***** is closed, giving them vested title. The mortgage co. foreclosed Nov 1st. 2017 My lawyer for land law did not read the sales agreement of 2013 correctly and withdrew a suit to halt the mortgage co. complicated. These men are no forcing sheriff sale on my home of 45 years. I am 74 and all my retirement assets are in the land they took.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Need advise ASAP before I sign off rights. worked under constitutional law and made things worse...but shows my inability to defend myself, without a lawyer until this year

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you very much for your patience. So, I had a chance to review what you put, but I'm not certain of what your specific question is in this situation. Could you help me understand what specific questions you had?