Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am looking to buy a condo and have put an offer on one. I…

Customer Question
I am looking to...

I am looking to buy a condo and have put an offer on one. I have now found out that they do not allow exotic pets. I have two cockatoos that I have raised from 3 mos. old. They are well trained and not noisy at all. There is the occasional yell when they want my attention but that is not often since they are out of their cages when I am home which is a majority of the day and night. I have grown up with birds my whole life and know that each bird is an individual with different traits. In general cockatoos have a bad reputation of being loud which is not the case with my birds. I have had one bird for 22 years and the other 17 years. Would it be worth my time to talk to the condo board about my birds and see if they would allow them provided there are no complaints from any of my neighbors. Should I go to the potential neighbor and ask them about their thoughts? Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Canton, Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Just my offer to buy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a copy of their pet laws

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/4/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RealEstateAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do they define what an exotic pet is? Are birds classified as exotic?