Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Our buyer in Nevada did not file VA paper on time ( 3day…

Customer Question
Our buyer in Nevada...

Our buyer in Nevada did not file VA paper on time ( 3day period for buyer to review.) We are told by this Wednesday or at least by end of week they should sign closing papers. we are stuck and cannot move into our new VA finance loan in California costing us time and money. the whole thing is dragging on. All I am told things are moving along. Can I (as seller get my old Las Vegas home back and or collect damages. The Problem is caused by our buyer not filling VA papers on time but this is dragging on all. We are told it will be solved soon. Meanwhile, our furniture is in storage and we are living with our daughter and son-in-law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The home we sold is in Nevada and we are buying in California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes, we believe so. But the buyers agent didn't know to file for the 3 day review period. Right now it's with the VA to review, but of course they way they are back up. Our agent in Nevada is pushing them but, so far no results.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We want to know if we can get some type of financial restitution? It is getting difficult, because of there lack of proper procedure to move forward, both on our buy side (California) while our Nevada home remains vacant.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 5 days by:
12/10/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

If the closing has finally gone through, Congratulations! Otherwise, you have a right to back out of the deal and keep the earnest money deposit as compensation for your damages.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.