Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am holding a 5 acre property ,71% in L.A. in an IRA. I'm…

Customer Question
I am holding a...

I am holding a 5 acre property ,71% in L.A. in an IRA. I'm 79 yrs. old.Since the recession my $45,000. investment has been cut in half,creating a big hassle is there any way I can fire the company holding the IRA? They are doing nothing and charging me lots of money.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Calif.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just recived a $678.00 bill with no explanation.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/3/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Yes, you can fire the company holding the IRA by simply transferring the account to another trustee. What you do is select another trustee that you would like to use, then that new trustee, with your signature on their forms, can order your account transferred away from the trustee to them as the new trustee that you like. It's fairly common to do this and should be no problem, easy peasy.

Please rate five stars by clicking on the stars ***** and pressing send.

A bonus is most appreciated after you rate the answer.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Checking in to see if you are satisfied with the answer and are ready to close out the question or if you need something else from me.

Thanks and best wishes.

Thanks and best wishes.

Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

I am different Attorney. The site asked me to check with you to see if you still needed assistance on this question. Please let me know it would be my pleasure to work with you.

Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Are you online with me?