Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My landlord asked us to pay 2 months worth of rents as an…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My landlord...

Second opinion] My landlord asked us to pay 2 months worth of rents as an early termination fee to break our 2 years lease. The contact were made by just between the landlord and us as a original lease agreement. We have lived in the property for over 5 1/2 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Caifornia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Original lease contract did not state about early termination fee.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

But we need to leave early then we signed agreements for early termination.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I don't see a question?

.

What is your legal question I can help with?

.

.

thanks