Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Here goes..it is complicated. i am the trustee, not the

Customer Question
Ok..here goes..it is complicated...

Ok..here goes..it is complicated. i am the trustee, not the beneficiary of two seperate trusts. that's part one. part two. years ago i had a job where i worked and lived on the premises. after six months when the woman did not pay me, i filed and one a labor law suit. the woman i worked for filed a eviction whcihc she won. the labor judge, allowed for the value of the rent in the labor lawsuit and the net result is that the woman still owed me, above the fair value of the rent for the housing she provided, an old trailer with no utilities, giving me a new payout of over $11,000 at the time which was never paid. Part three: i am now selling trust property on behalf of the two trusts for which i am trustee. the woman, put a lien on both trust properties even though the trusts were never ever a party to any lawsuit with her or claim of hers. This is a fraudulent lien in my book. I now live in another state, don't work for freaks anymore. What do i do? I can't afford an attny

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The property is in california and i live in florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The liens removed, and this woman to go to jail. i want to file criminal charges against her and civil ones

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Paperwork, not sure what you mean. ase lien on not one but two of the trust properties which she has n legal right to.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

The only way to get the liens dissolved is by suing the person in court for "slander on title" and fraud in a "quiet title" lawsuit for filing the liens on property owned by the trust, not you personally. But that will take you hiring an attorney to file the lawsuit against them. However, since this is a malicious action, the judge should award you your attorney fees as part of any damage claim..

.

If you didn't want to jump right to a lawsuit, you could pay a local attorney to send her a "demand letter" basically threatening to sue her for the false liens and hold her liable for all the costs if she didn't file releases immediately.. Sometimes a nasty letter from an attorney will do the job without actually suing..

.

.

thanks

are you in california? what would you charge to file this suit. i live on disability so have little income and but for the property the trsu has no assets. these trusts were set up years and years ago..way before i took that horrendous job. that same woman was arrested and convicted of stealing water from the state reservoir during a drought. can i sue her here in florida? the situs of the trust is here even though the trusts own property elsewhere
the trust can pay out of the sale
but i think she should have to pay attnys fees. i have copies of both the labor and eviction suits. my attny in the labor suit will be willing to testify but she doesnt know much about real estate or trusts.
Barrister, Lawyer