Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am buying one of my neighbor's lots but I dont know how to…

Customer Question
I am buying one...

I am buying one of my neighbor's lots but I dont know how to list the address. How do I legally list the address on the warranty deed if my neighbor is keeping her address for the remaining lots?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

She has a warranty deed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Has the lot been surveyed? Does it have its own legal description?

Are you online with me?