Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I looked at our lease carefully and the investment group…

Customer Question
I looked at our lease...
I looked at our lease carefully and the investment group wrote in an escape clause basically saying in the apartment is not vacated or ready to move in by the move in date the lease is void. We went by to talk to them today about buying out and noticed the apartment was still staged and not ready for move in because they figured we weren’t moving in but we never put that in writing. We were supposed to move in on the 28th. Per the clause they terminate the lease correct??
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/2/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your real property and contractual law question today.

The 'escape clause' setting out that a lease is void where the property isn't empty or ready to move into can be a valid condition precedent to a contract.

The clause may allow you or the investment group or both of you rescission of contract depending on the precise wording of the term.

I would need to view the contract and the precise wording to be clear on this.

It appears at the least that you must not continue with the lease.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me if you need additional information.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer