Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a crop of caine on my property easement I don't want…

Customer Question
I have a crop...

I have a crop of caine on my property easement I don't want it cut to the ground but will let WSTE cut it 7 ft from the wire I also was bumped or slaoed on the arm by one of the workers thay cant speak English I don't want to let them on my property I don't no what there past cecords or what or some of my wrights thanks Donald cusimano ph(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana pearl river 70452

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can I obtain a copy of my rights

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. To be clear, you own the property, but WSTE has an easement to access telephone wires?

elec wires. I do own the property

You will need to get a copy of your deed records from the Parish. They should detail the nature of the easement and what they are allowed to do.

However, if WSTE has the authority to access the property, there probably isn't much you can do to restrict what employees they choose to send there. You could at least inquire with WSTE about what kind of background checks they do on their employees.

Were you injured by one of the workers when they bumped your arm?