Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

1. Purchased a lot in a neighborhood from a private owner 2.

Customer Question
1. Purchased a lot...

1. Purchased a lot in a neighborhood from a private owner 2. Submitted my paperwork in June for floor plans, elevation and color of Evening Blue on exterior of house 3. Around September we also submitted for Moss Green exterior paint 4. In October there was an HOA meeting where all board members were present. I showed them a Naval Blue color i wish to paint my house and three of the board members gave me verbal approval that it is acceptable 5. I forgot to submit my official form 6. When painting began the HOA Board reached out stating i needed to stop painting and change the color to approved 7. I stated that i received verbal approval in the meeting from 3 board members and now they have sent me a threatening letter from lawyer stating they will Lien my house and charge me $100/mo until i change it. Please advise. Amar *********** ***********

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Greer, SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not yet, but they are looking to file in 10 days

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does verbal approval from HOA board members, if I had two other witnesses who heard it, over ride the written approval required?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/30/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: JustAnswer, Arbitrator replied 6 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Phone call session started