Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

This is in regards to a quiet claim. My grandmother had died…

Customer Question
This is in...

This is in regards ***** ***** quiet claim. My grandmother had died back in January 16 of 2014 I was sent a letter from her lawyer‘s office mail letter and a certified letter stating that I need to come in and sign off on my have to give it back to my grandmother I did never signed the paper my mom died 10 months later my sister filed stating that she had ownership of my half plus a third of my moms half. My name was forged on the legal document stating that I had Signed off my half when in reality I had not. I don’t get a hold of my lawyer and he was supposed to file a quiet claim deed back in December 2014 it has been going on three years now and he has yet to file that quiet claim deed that house is legitimately supposed to be mine but I don’t know where to go from here I’m at my wits end

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is an Illinois and I’m afraid that the statute limitations had run out

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

The quick claim has never been filed even though I have asked my lawyer repetitively to file the quiet claim and he still hasn’t done so I was not aware that it was only going to take 6 to 10 weeks if I the

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if I’m able to file the quiet claim still

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Was your name on the deed to your grandmother's home?

"Customer: The quick claim has never been filed even though I have asked my lawyer repetitively to file the quiet claim and he still hasn’t done so I was not aware that it was only going to take 6 to 10 weeks if I the..."

What is the quit claim deed you refer to above?

Are you online with me? Are you asking about a quiet title action or a quit claim deed or both? Can you please answer my question?