Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We're in Richards TX. My husband & I owner 100 acres that…

Customer Question
We're in Richards TX...

We're in Richards TX. My husband & I owner 100 acres that borders The Larkin's then Tony Allen now a new owner. The question to you is: The Larkin's fenced the 122. Way before I was in the pictures. We've maintained all the property on our side of the fence (from the 60's).

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I didn't get to finish my sentences: if we'd maintained the property for years don't we have some recourse? I built a new home and installed a 1300 gallon propane tank (on my side of my fence). I did have the land served before building the house. Second pare of the question: Isn't there a law here stating if I take care of the strip of land after so many months I owner it. The 1 & 2 owner Never come up with the survey Diana is marking off today

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Richards, Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No except she is the only owner that's come up with these issues.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Real Estate Law
11/29/2017
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Neighbor may not place a fence that trespasses on your land without your consent and may not otherwise trespass whatsoever.

If there is a dispute over boundaries, the survey and a title company can help sort it out, and avoid need to ask the court to decide the issue.